Professional essay and research paper editing help
5 Tips that Will Help You Edit Your Essay Easily
Editing isn’t always an activity that students like to do and more often than not seems like a chore to even start. Yet every great writer will tell you just how essential editing is to writing spectacular essays. Here are five tips that will help you edit your essay easily:
- Take a break before you start editing. It’s a great idea to create some distance between you and your essay. This allows for more careful and critical editing, rather than the rushed editing that comes from when you’ve just finished your paper and you’re overly familiar with the content.
- Decide how you can proofread more carefully. Some people prefer to edit their paper while it sits on the screen while others prefer to print out their essays when they edit their work. Whatever your preferred medium is, stick with it throughout to avoid missing a section or going over the same section twice.
- Change the look of your document. Regardless of whether you print out your essay or not, you should experiment with changing some of the formatting to give you a new perspective on your written content. Try changing, the spacing, the size, the color or the text-style in order to trick your brain into believing it’s looking at a different paper.
- Find a quiet place to edit your essay. Hopefully, you’ve had the chance to write your paper in a quiet place in which you could just continue with the next phase, but if you haven’t you might find it easier to be more critical of your writing if you edit in complete quietness.
- Conduct your editing in short blocks. Start your paper early and give yourself plenty of room to edit your work over several hours or even days. This allows you to edit in short blocks of 15 or 20 minutes, which means you will be less likely to miss the smallest grammar, spelling or punctuation mistakes.
Following these simple steps will help you get through this important phase and prevent you from pulling out your hair. In time, this tips will become second nature and you will have a much easier time editing your papers much more effectively. Your grades will go up and you’ll have a greater appreciation of your writing. If you don’t believe this, just take out the last draft before you started editing and compare it to your final and fully edited essay.
Please note that our writers and editors do not provide custom writing services to students. You can contact us for editing and proofreading jobs 24/7.