Professional essay and research paper editing help
10 Tips to Proofread Your Essay Properly
How to properly write a good essay?
When writing an essay on any topic, you should keep these pointers in mind:
- A student should brainstorm on selecting a topic for the essay.
- The student can make a list of potential topics to write about.
- Take that list and review the list with someone else to determine which topic would be the best.
- Once select the topic, student must determine their position on the topic.
- Then, once have position on the topic, student must do some research on the topic.
- The facts and evidence gathered should support one’s position on the topic.
- The writer must do an outline before writing the essay to organize the facts and evidence properly.
- It is advisable to write at least two drafts of the essay before completing the final draft.
- Once write the final draft of the essay, the finalized essay must be proofread before turning it in.
Ten tips to consider when proofreading an essay:
- Tip #1: After finish writing the final copy of the essay, the writer should take a break before start proofreading it.
- Tip #2: The writer should look for one issue at a time, like check for grammar first, then spelling, and lastly sentence structure.
- Tip #3: The student should check the essay to ensure that there are proper names, facts, evidence, and figures. Should also ensure that all cited sources are credible and reliable.
- Tip #4: The student should not review the essay on the computer, but print it out as a hard copy and review it. This will allow the students to make corrections in red ink or pencil.
- Tip #5: The writer should have a friend review the essay with them and read it out loud to them to see how it sounds.
- Tip #6: It is advisable to use a spell checker to check for misspelled words, words not properly used, and words that are backwards.
- Tip #7: Also, you should always use a dictionary to ensure that you are using the correct form of a word and that the word actually exists.
- Tip #8: Another good way to check for spelling errors, grammar issues, and correct sentence structure is to read the essay backwards
- Tip #9: The student should make a list of common grammar errors and spelling errors they always make, and check for those common errors.
- Tip #10: You should not be afraid to ask for assistance from a fellow student or friend to review your essay.
Please note that our writers and editors do not provide custom writing services to students. You can contact us for editing and proofreading jobs 24/7.